The domain within your query sequence starts at position 1096 and ends at position 1147; the E-value for the AWS domain shown below is 2.61e-17.
AWSassociated with SET domains
|SMART accession number:||SM00570|
|Description:||subdomain of PRESET|
|Interpro abstract (IPR006560):|
This domain, Associated With SET, of unknown function is found in eukaryotic proteins of unknown function. This domain, as the name suggests, is often found in association with the SET domain (IPR001214), suggesting a role in gene regulation by methylation of lysine residues in histones and other proteins.
|GO component:||nucleus (GO:0005634)|
|GO function:||histone-lysine N-methyltransferase activity (GO:0018024)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)