E2F_TDPE2F/DP family winged-helix DNA-binding domain
|SMART accession number:||SM01372
||This family contains the transcription factor E2F and its dimerization partners TDP1 and TDP2, which stimulate E2F-dependent transcription. E2F binds to DNA as a homodimer or as a heterodimer in association with TDP1/2, the heterodimer having increased binding efficiency. The crystal structure of an E2F4-DP2-DNA complex shows that the DNA-binding domains of the E2F and DP proteins both have a fold related to the winged-helix DNA-binding motif. Recognition of the central c/gGCGCg/c sequence of the consensus DNA-binding site is symmetric, and amino acids that contact these bases are conserved among all known E2F and DP proteins. |
There are 2375 E2F_TDP domains in 2014 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)