ITAMImmunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif
|SMART accession number:||SM00077|
|Description:||Motif that may be dually phosphorylated on tyrosine that links antigen receptors to downstream signalling machinery.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR003110):|
Phosphorylated immunoreceptor signalling motifs (ITAMs) exhibit unique abilities to bind and activate Lyn and Syk tyrosine kinases [(PUBMED:7594458)]. Motif may be dually phosphorylated on tyrosine that links antigen receptors to downstream signalling machinery.
|GO process:||cell surface receptor signaling pathway (GO:0007166)|
|GO component:||membrane (GO:0016020)|
|GO function:||transmembrane signaling receptor activity (GO:0004888)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)