Mre11_DNA_bindMre11 DNA-binding presumed domain
|SMART accession number:||SM01347
||The Mre11 complex is a multi-subunit nuclease that is composed of Mre11, Rad50 and Nbs1/Xrs2, and is involved in checkpoint signalling and DNA replication (PMID:11988766). Mre11 has an intrinsic DNA-binding activity that is stimulated by Rad50 on its own or in combination with Nbs1 (PMID:10823903).|
There are 566 Mre11_DNA_bind domains in 566 proteins in SMART's nrdb database.
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Cellular role (predicted cellular role)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)