IL4_13Interleukins 4 and 13
|SMART accession number:||SM00190|
|Description:||Interleukins-4 and -13 are cytokines involved in inflammatory and immune responses. IL-4 stimulates B and T cells.|
|Interpro abstract (IPR001325):||Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a cytokine that plays a central role in the control and regulation of the immune and inflammatory system [(PUBMED:3284813), (PUBMED:1693082)]. IL-4 is a participant in several B-cell activation processes. It also stimulates other cell types such as T cells or mast cells. IL-4 is a glycoprotein that contains three disulphide bonds [(PUBMED:1993171)]. |
Interleukin-13 (IL-13) is a pleiotropic cytokine which may be important in the regulation of the inflammatory and immune responses [(PUBMED:8096327)]. The sequences of IL-4 and IL-13 are distantly related. This entry represetns both IL-4 and IL-13.
|GO process:||immune response (GO:0006955)|
|GO component:||extracellular region (GO:0005576)|
|GO function:||cytokine receptor binding (GO:0005126)|
Click on the following links for more information.
- Evolution (species in which this domain is found)
- Literature (relevant references for this domain)
- Metabolism (metabolic pathways involving proteins which contain this domain)
- Structure (3D structures containing this domain)
- Links (links to other resources describing this domain)